The Real Real Estate Guy - Ronald van der Steen's YouTube Channel
View Ronald van der Steen's YouTube Channel by clicking the video below:
Ronald H.A. van der Steen has been practicing law in Oakville for more than 20 years. Formerly with Kyle & van der Steen, Ronald has roots in the Oakville community and has the experience to service all your legal requirements, including expertise in litigation, family law, criminal law, real estate (family residences and commercial properties), wills & estates and business law.
His clients include financial institutions, federal and provincial not for profit corporations, a large number of small to mid size corporations and partnerships as well as many hundreds of individuals, from Hamilton to Toronto.
Ronald actively participates in community based activities and charities from hosting United Way will campaigns, to being an avid supporter of Halton Women's Place and sponsoring local youth soccer and hockey teams.
Ronald H.A. van der Steen, P. Eng., B.A., LL.B., C.E.T.
Areas of Practice
Ronald H.A. van der Steen practises in a wide variety of legal areas, including business law, construction law, litigation, real estate, family law, and will and estates.
Prior to obtaining his law degree, Ron worked as a professional engineer and was involved in several capital projects involving a number of technical and legal aspects. Before law school, Ron became a member of the Arbitration and Mediation Institute of Ontario Inc. in 1993. When his interest in the legal field grew, he attended the University of Windsor where he earned his Bachelor of Laws degree. He carried on his own practice in Oakville for two years before becoming a partner in Kyle & van der Steen LLP in 2001.
- 1998 Law Society of Upper Canada
- 1993 Arbitration and Mediation Institute of Canada Inc.
- 1990 Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO)
- 1988 Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologies (OACETT), Certified Engineering Technologist, Civil Discipline
- 1997 Ontario Bar Association
- 1996 Bachelor of Laws degree, University of Windsor, Ontario
- 1995 Mediation Training course from the University of Windsor
- 1992 Arbitration and Mediation of Canada Inc.
- 1990 Association of Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO)
- 1986 Civil Engineering Technology Diploma, Fanshawe College, London, Ontario
- 1983 Bachelor or Arts degree, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario
Community Activities and Accomplishments
- Instructor, George Brown College, Toronto – Business Law
- Director of the Oakville Chamber of Commerce, member since 1998
- Speaker “Legal Issues and Digital Media”, Digifest 2002, Design Exchange, March 2002
- Knights of Columbus, 4th degree
- Whiteside Award Winner for contributing to the community – 1996
- Actively plays soccer, hockey and studies ju-jitsu
- Scouts of Canada, Leader
- Member of the Royal Canadian Legion