Real Estate Law
Real Estate Lawyer Oakville ON
Ronald H.A. van der Steen provides the full range of services related to real property transactions including:
- Purchase and sale of residential and commercial real estate;
- Survivorship applications (required when a joint tenant dies usually a spouse)
- Mortgage refinancing
When acting on your real estate transaction we insure that you are obtaining “good title” to your property. This is very important because it protects your investment so you can sell it in the future and obtain financing by using the property as security.
As a cost effective means of insuring that your “good title” is protected Kyle & van der Steen purchases title insurance. Title insurance is not like other property insurance where there are monthly fees. Title insurance is a one-time premium with no deductible and protects the property purchaser from:
- Fraudulently obtained mortgaged registered against your property;
- Errors in surveys or other public records;
- Encroachments onto neighbouring properties;
- Zoning infractions;
- Many more known or unknown defects that could affect your ability to sell your property in the future;
Ronald H.A. van der Steen purchases title insurance which covers all related legal expenses to restoring “good title”
Title insurance is not only for new purchases and can be purchased even if you have owned your home for years.